Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Victorian Eastlake Settee and Chairs

Bonjour!
I finally saved up enough change to get my 1860's Victorian 3 piece Suite recovered! I sent the pieces off to the upholsterer the first part of December. I was so excited when he called to tell me it was finished! The pieces had a fairly nice fabric to begin with, but the purple color did not go with anything in our home. We have a decidedly "Hemingway" eclectic decor. So, after purchasing some wildly fabulous Cheetah Fabric from Ballard Designs, I couldn't resist using it on this Suite. I was thrilled when it was delivered a few nights ago! Below you can see the Before & After pics of my perfect pieces.

Before

After

I just LOVE how they all turned out!

Next month I am sending a 1930's Channel Back chair to the upholsterer. I'll share some of those pics just as soon as it is finished ~ Au Revoir!

5 comments:

  1. I think your setttee looked pretty both before & after, but I'm loving the leopard print!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love animal print fabrics; especially when used on unexpected pieces.

    Good job!

    Blessings,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love your boldness! It really works.
    I also have a channel back chair that I wasn't sure what to do with. You may have inspired me to think outside of the box!

    Sherri of The Treasure Hunters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cheetah print! That piece is wonderful. The new fabric just makes it pop and scream, look at me, I am FABULOUS!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. your Majesty,

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the settee and the new fabric that adds this chic flare to the room!!! Excellent choice and i agree with Sherri, very bold! Great turn out! Enjoy!! Now I want one:))

    Royal wishes,
    Daisy
    http://lapetitplume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete