Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice

In my house, we usually serve a salty breakfast on Christmas morning to counterbalance all the sweets we get in our stockings. But there's something so special about holiday morning pain perdu (aka French toast), so I try and serve it on Christmas Eve morning, especially if I have guests in the house. My favorites are French toast with figs and mascarpone cream (so sophisticated!) and French toast with almonds and strawberries (crunchy and oh-so-sweet). But there a million different recipes to try. Here are some that sound intriguing to me:

Pain Perdu with Almonds and Strawberries

French Toast with Figs and Mascarpone Cream

Pear Stuffed French Toast

Baked Orange Pecan French Toast

Chocolate French Toast with Strawberries
Bon Appetit!


Photo credit: notquitenigella.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness.....looks like we will be having french toast for Christmas.....These sound amazing! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete