Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tiny Dancer

Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of being a prima ballerina. I took the classes, wore the tutus, learned the routines and shined in the spotlight doing assemblés across the stage. Much to my little girl wide-eyed horror, I saw one of the teenaged dancer's raw and mangled toes, and from that moment on, I swore off dancing forever! I still do dream of being Coppelia's Swanhilda, pirouetting into Franz' strong arms. But alas, the fabulous image will have to stay tucked into the private corners of my own mind. Sigh.





Photo captions from top to bottom: heartsinsand2.blogspot.com, eatsleepbreathe-dance.tumblr.com, eatsleepbreathe-dance.tumblr.com, favim.com, weheartit.com

4 comments:

  1. Bonjour ~ Oh thank you so much for following me ~ You truly put a smile on my face.

    Many blessing to you today and always,
    Au Revoir ~
    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do endure so much pain that we don't think about.I can't imagine them ever getting use to there toes being so mangled.
    Stop over I am hosting a French Giveaway~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower! I too, loved ballet and wanted to be a dancer, but we belonged to a very strict religion that didn't allow dancing. When I was older, I took a few classes, but my legs and feet were not about to turn out at that age! So I admire the photos and see the Nutcracker every year!

    ReplyDelete